Evolution Aqua Med Malachite Green is an effective anti-fungal and anti-parasite treatment for Koi. EA Malachite Green provides a powerful, active medication that works to treat fungal and parasite diseases such as White Spot, Costia, Chilodonella and Trichodina in Koi Carp.
Use when Koi appear to be flicking, parasites are visible or a cloudy mucus appears on fish. Fungus that appears like cotton wool may also be apparent. White blemishes may also appear across the head, body and fins. Discolouration may also appear across the scales.
EA Medication Range
Introducing Evolution Aqua’s range of professional koi medications. The EA range of powerful active medications are aimed at Koi keepers who need to take care of their prized Koi Carp when bacterial, fungal or parasitic diseases arise. Fully VMD approved, the EA Med range includes Malachite Green, Formaldehyde, FMG Mix and Acriflavine, available in 500ml and 1litre bottles. There are also two topical treatments available, Wound Cleaner and Sedative, available in 100ml bottles.
EA Medications have a powerful and effective two step dosing process that makes them kinder to fish whilst giving a high active dose rate. This means the fish have time to acclimatise to the treatment from day 1 to 3, with an additional dose added on day 4, rather than being exposed to an aggressive treatment from the off. Some parts of illness lifecycles cannot be killed so active ingredients need to be high for a longer period to attack these parts when the vulnerable part comes around. White spot is a great example of this.
All EA Medications undergo full quality control testing before they are bottled to ensure the formulations are consistently of the highest quality, all delivered by a brand you can trust.
1) Calculate the pond’s volume using the following calculation: Length in metres x width in metres x average depth in metres x 1000 = Litres, divide by 4.54 for gallons.
2) Shake bottle well.
3) Switch off UV bulbs until 7 days after the last dose. Remove all activated carbon and zeolite from filters.
4) Using the dosing cap provided, add 1 x 20ml dose per 3520 litres (775 gals) of pond water. Add the medication to a bucket of pond water and then distribute this evenly over the ponds surface. This is a dye based treatment therefore water discoloration will occur.
5) This is a two-dose treatment, the pond should be treated again three days later at roughly the same time. For best results, dose with EA Formaldehyde or for ease of use, dose with EA FMG Mix instead.
6) If necessary, it is safe to repeat the course of treatment 7 days after the last dose is finished, following a 20% water change.
7) Check all water quality parameters as poor water quality is often a cause of illness.